Here is a glimpse of what I have been reading this past week. Be prepared for some awesome content below:
The Revolutionary Power Of Words
- Be the person who says something when no one else is. Be brave. Dare to speak and have something worth talking about. Start a revolution with your words.
3 Benefits Of Building Your Own Platform
- Think of it like this: If content is king, platform is queen. You can not build a personal media empire without the help of both monarchs.
Don’t Just Create “On Demand”, Create For You
- “When we spend all of our time and energy creating on-demand, it’s easy to lose touch with the passions that fuel our best work.”
Becoming A Full Time Author – Jeff Goins Interviews Michael Warden
- Learn about some of his best practices as a writer. Gave me another reason to buy The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.
The Critical Difference Between Inconveniences & Distractions
- Inconveniences are things that physically take us away from doing our work. Distractions are things that only mentally take us away. If your efforts to cultivate a creative life have been repeatedly sabotaged by bizarre and seemingly random inconveniences, pay attention.
8 Tips To Getting Your Kids To Listen Without Being A Jerk
- Learn from a parrot: After years of, “I didn’t hear you,” and, “I thought you said XYZ,” we learned a lesson from our feathered friends and require our kids to repeat back to us what we just said. It can be tedious at times, but it ends confusion and, more importantly, excuses.
The Eternal Legacy Of A Worship Leader’s Life
- “Guarding my passion for Jesus: I know this seems like a no-brainer, but it’s been one of the biggest challenges of professional ministry. In all my goals I don’t want to forget THE goal – loving Jesus with all my heart. Not faking it, but really, honestly, purely, pursuing the heart of God with a relentless passion. I never want to slow down. I refuse to be satisfied. I will not be stopped. I want to be like Jesus.”
Identifying Your Red Zone Of Success
- “In American football, there’s something called the “Red Zone.” It’s the part of the field inside the twenty yard line, and performance (both offensively and defensively) inside this area is one of the key determining factors of a team’s success or failure..I’ve learned that it’s necessary to develop an effectiveness mindset, rather than one based on efficiency, in order to produce consistently over the long-term.“
Immediately Become More Productive By Doing This
- “If you are consuming more than you are creating – you have a problem. Therefore, unsubscribe. The unfinished art within you will be glad when you do.“
How To Love Your Husband
- “When you listen to your husband and not badger him or cut down his dreams or his needs, he can feel on top of the world; empowered. On the other hand, the lack of support can make him feel worthless, helpless, and useless.”